The “err_connection_timed_out” error is a common issue that can occur when accessing a WordPress website. This error occurs when the server is taking too long to respond to the request, causing the connection to time out. There are several possible causes for this error, including:
- Network connection issues: The issue could be with your internet connection or network. Try checking your connection or switching to a different network to see if the problem persists.
- Firewall or antivirus software: Firewall or antivirus software installed on your computer or network could be blocking the connection to the website. Try disabling the software temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
- DNS issues: DNS issues can also cause connection timeouts. Try flushing your DNS cache or switching to a different DNS server to see if it resolves the issue.
- Server issues: There could be issues with the server hosting the website, such as high traffic or maintenance. Contact the website administrator or hosting provider to see if there are any known server issues.
- Plugin or theme conflicts: It’s possible that a plugin or theme installed on the website is causing the connection timeout. Try disabling plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme to see if it resolves the issue.
To troubleshoot the “err_connection_timed_out” error in WordPress, try the following steps:
- Check your internet connection or switch to a different network.
- Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software.
- Flush your DNS cache or switch to a different DNS server.
- Contact the website administrator or hosting provider to check for server issues.
- Disable plugins or switch to a default WordPress theme to check for conflicts.
Read More about How to Install WordPress